Thursday, February 12, 2009

Teapot Complete






This piece: Indian Teapot was created using the Pen tool as well as the Fill and Stroke tools for both the outline and insides of the teapot. I outlined an actual image of this teapot which was taken from google images. I created three layers the firt I locked so that my image original image would never be altered.This layer was called "Base: Image" The second layer was used to outline the outside of the teapot as well as the inside handle which I entitled "Base Outline". The third and last layer was the inside outlines and inner shading of the teapot which I entitled "Inside Outlines". The most difficult part of this assignment was making the lines appear straight and connecting them to the curves properly. I am quite happy with this piece and I found I was far more successful in this piece than my freeform.






This Piece, a representation or more of an informal symbol for my Indian Teapot was far more difficult than the first assignment. I think I would have been more successful had I had more time but given that I did not divide my time fairly between each image, this one turned out okay. For this piece I kept in mind organic lines and I also wanted to try and create some value within the object so that it was relatable to my first teapot. The tools I used to create this image were the Brush tool- I used "Fude". To use the brush tool I simply clicked on the "Paint Brush" tool and began working. At first I thought this image looked quite boring but I than pictured it in a very crazy colored kitchen or tea room and thought it would look simple but beautiful in a black frame. All in all I found my first piece to be more successful but I am content with both of them as my first body of work in working with vectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment